Monday, May 11, 2009

Hershey Has Done it Again!


As you all know, I am a man who likes his candy and fresh breath, so it with no small amount of excitement that I introduce you to the latest from Hershey's Ice Breakers line of mouth-freshening mints.

Using "natural flavors" (whatever the hell that means), The Hershey Company has captured one of my all-time favorite beverages in caplet form. Its like The Jetsons or some noise. The little mint tastes very much like a candy designed to taste like lemon iced tea should taste and is a very refreshing change from the regular old peppermint. Plus, since they are sugar-free, they have 30% less calories than sugared mints. Thanks to the handy math on the back of the container that works out to 2 calories per Ice Breaker as opposed to 3 per sugared mint. The nerve of those bastards with their sugared mints!

Thanks to these, I am now moments away from feeling like I'm relaxing pool side at any point of the day. Even while driving! If they figure out a way to make Half and Half flavored mints (1/2 iced tea, 1/2 lemonade) I may lose my mind.

Additionally, the container is also a source of great entertainment. It comes with not one, but two openings with the Shakespearian phrases "to share" and "not to share." But get this. The "to share" opening is small, while the "not to share" opening is far larger, suggesting that by not sharing you will just horde them or dump them all into your mouth! How cheeky!

In any event, these mints rule hard. I've had like 15 while writing this post. If I make my way up the road to Hershey, PA this summer, I intend to let the powers-that-be know that these should be a permanent addition to the line. I'm not sure that Hershey Park admission ticket gets you a sit-down with the CEO of the company though. I guess I can check at Guest Relations.

No comments:

Post a Comment