Friday, July 31, 2009

Dwight Yoakam Should Be Ashamed of Himself


If pressed, I think I would have to say that my greatest quality is my unmatched courage. I bet you were expecting me to say my rugged good looks, infectious charm or staggering genius intellect. But know, my courage has gotten me into and out of more jams than I can count.

I needed every ounce of courage I could muster for my latest adventure: the noshing of Bakerfields Biscuits brand Dwight Yoakam's Chicken Lickin's Chicken Fries!


Retailing for like $1.39 at my local Walgreens, I tried these on a lark. Boasting all white meat chicken containing some rib meat, the Chicken Fries are about what you would expect for $1.39.


After one minute and 15 seconds in the microwave I was greeted by this delicacy.


Once I loaded my plate with Kraft's Hot Barbecue sauce, I went to town. Like I said these things are about what you would expect for $1.39, but they didn't suck. The best I can say for these guys is that they tasted like chicken. I haven't had the ones at Burger King yet so I can't compare the processed chicken flavors.

All in all, these are everything that I wish did not exist in the food industry. I'm not entirely sure what Yoakam's manager was thinking when he brought this business deal to him. Did he buy into this company or was his name licensed out to further market Chicken Lickin's Chicken Fries? That little quandary has been bothering me for quite some time. Either way I hope the manager was fired.

Now onto the important question. Would I buy them again? Yes.

Also, its reassuring to know that the food you will eat when you hit rock bottom is so affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment