Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mobbie Results Are Official!

As many of you probably know, I did not win the top spot in the Humor category. I did come in second place, which is not too shabby if I do say so myself. Furthermore, I was true to myself. I did my blog my way and I didn't cater to the suits running the competition.

I kept it real. All day, everyday. And for that you are all welcome.

In all seriousness, thanks to everyone who voted. I made a nice little last minute surge and its all thanks to you my loyal friends and readers. We've also managed to pick up a few more fans, it seems so welcome to the gang. I promise to play nice most of the time.

I'd also like to send a shout-out to my entourage. They came to support me at the Mobbie Awards Party even though I wasn't going to win anything and that was pretty sweet. They also shared a fine meal with me at Joe Squared afterwards where we destroyed some pizzas.

Props to myself for selecting the four cheeses on our four cheese pizza. I made a command decision without consulting anyone but it worked out for the best. I went with mozzarella, asiago, romano and provolone and never before have four cheeses existed in such harmony. I had a gut feeling and I went with it.

Finally, thanks to the Baltimore Sun for putting on such a fun competition. It was cool to be involved and especially gratifying to finish high in my category. It was also cool to be exposed to a larger audience. I belong to the world now. You'll have to share me.

2 comments: