Thursday, November 26, 2009

Things I'm Thankful For: MTV's Jersey Shore


It seems only fitting that on this day I take some time to give thanks for some of the more wonderful things the world has provided.

Normally I avoid New Jersey and all things associated with it like the plague, but in this instance I believe I will tune in. I don't think I need to explain why.

Apparently, an Italian-American group is already calling for the show to be cancelled because it paints Italian-Americans in a bad light. I contend that the show merely paints these Italian-Americans in a bad light. I'm an Italian-American and I don't think anyone is going to look at me and think I spent any time on the Jersey Shore. So please don't group me in with these assholes just because my name makes me sound like I own a fruit cart or pizzeria.

I think this was the same group that protested The Sopranos, while the rest of the Italian-American community was making up mob stories to tell non-guidos, so I wouldn't worry too much about this show getting yanked before its December 3 premiere date.

2 comments:

  1. i hate to admit it but i can't wait to watch it

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are the kinda of chicks you can the
    D.E.N.N.I.S system on

    ReplyDelete