Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Prince's Word of the Day: Lucubration

No diatribe today. Just a word that really doesn't seem necessary.

Today I was sent "lucubration." This word is defined as "the act of studying by candlelight; nocturnal study; meditation."

Does that really need its own word? Would you really say "Oh hey sorry, man. I was lucubrating in my room. I didn't hear you." Or would you maybe say "I was studying by candlelight."

Who the hell studies by candlelight anymore anyway? No one, that's who. I propose that this word be stricken from the books. We don't need it. Plus its a waste of paper to put words like this in the dictionary. We all need to do our part to save this big blue ball we call Earth. Even Merriam-Webster.

2 comments:

  1. That's an obnoxious word. I told you your crapulous entry cause quite the dinner discussion the other night.

    Guess which way I voted in your question? If I dated a guy short than me, it would most def be Willow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so this word has got nothing to do with masturbation? color me disappointed.

    ReplyDelete