Sunday, March 14, 2010

Betty White to Host SNL


In what is probably one of the greatest instances of the people getting what they want, it was recently announced that Betty White will be the host of Saturday Night Live on May 8th. It was originally thought that she would be a part of a group of hosts including Tina Fey, Molly Shannon and Amy Poehler, but the people in charge came to their senses and named her the sole host, with those ladies pitching in for some sketches along with some other ex-SNL ladies. I guess that makes some sense since Betty White is 88 years old and the show comes on pretty late.

I, for one, am stoked. I have been a Betty White fan since way back. She was my favorite of the Golden Girls and she kind of reminds me of my tiny little grandma. Also, this is a personal triumph for me since I joined that Facebook page begging the people in charge to let her host the show.

So make sure you watch that night. I think she will do a bang-up job.

2 comments:

  1. This is going to be an awesome show. She's the tits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she does some kind of cougary sketch on the show. Its kind of an obvious joke but I bet she makes it funny.

    I think Cloris Leachman should host the show next.

    ReplyDelete