Monday, March 15, 2010

Blatant Video Theft Corner: Predators Sneak Peek



My love for Point Break is very well-documented, but if you've known me for a while then you know that there is another movie that ranks right up there with the extreme sports classic. I am referring, of course, to Predator.

That movie rules on so many levels. I even enjoyed the LA-based sequel with Danny Glover and Bill Paxton. When I heard that Robert Rodriguez would be adding another film to the Predator mythos and would be taking it back to the jungle, I was pretty stoked. Then I heard who would be starring in the film.

We went from Arnold, Carl Weathers and Jesse the Body to Adrian Brody, Lawrence Fishburne and Topher Grace. Not exactly a trade-up. Brody does not scream "Special Ops Soldier" but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I saw some kick-ass guns in the preview and I imagine stuff will explode, so my lower-brain functions will be satisfied despite the lack of steroids in the cast.

I was pretty much going to see this no matter how crappy it looked. I just hope the film has iconic moments like "Kill me! I'm here!" and the super-awesome meeting of Dutch and Dillon.


Boom! Bad ass. I am going to get that tattooed on my bicep.

No comments:

Post a Comment