Friday, March 19, 2010

The Prince's Word of the Day: Hirsute & Cozen

First up is "hirsute," which means "covered in hair" and is one of my favorite words of all time. I like it for two reasons: 1) it applies to me and 2) it sounds like "hair suit," which is kind of funny and led me to the image above. The image tag read "lovell_hair_suit.jpg." I think that is right on the money and we are all a little better off for having seen it.

The second Word of the Day (I was inexplicably sent three today) is "cozen." This word means "to obtain by deceit" or "to act deceitfully" depending on what type of verb you are using. Like you could build a fortune by cozening people. I think this definition sucks.

My definition would be "to make cozy." I will use it in a sentence.

"I was planning a Harry Potter movie marathon with some friends so I decided to cozen up the house by dimming the lights, starting a fire and making some butter beer."

See? Perfect! Who wouldn't want to occasionally cozen their home when the need arises?

No comments:

Post a Comment