Thursday, June 3, 2010

Naughty Spelling Bee



It's Bee Week in Washington, D.C. and to celebrate I thought I might steal this video of a funny kid at a spelling bee. There are about a million videos of kids doing funny shit at spelling bees but I like this one the best. Its more situational humor than laughing at the nerd passing out or getting really excited for getting a spelling bee.

I was a good speller too. I used to get 100%s on my spelling tests all the time but I decided to keep my preternatural abilities where they belonged... in school. I didn't get all Hollywood about it like these kids. I have no regrets.

In any event, I like how this kid got nervous because he thought he was going to have to spell the word in front of his parents. What a Catch-22, huh? You've won the bee, but have eternally shamed yourself in your parents' eyes by spelling a naughty word. Would that be a hollow victory? Its not like he's doing it for the 'hood like in Akeelah and the Bee.

But I digress. Numbnuts. Ha!

1 comment:

  1. man, i would have totally spelled numbnuts for sure. esp with the chaffing clue. you don't want to copy off this Asian

    ReplyDelete