Thursday, June 3, 2010

R.I.P. Blanche

Rue, seen here in her younger days with international sex symbol Dustin Hoffman


It was reported that Rue McClanahan passed away this morning after suffering a massive stroke. She had previously suffered a stroke in November and never fully recovered.

I will refrain from making "thank you for being a friend" references and just say that the Emmy Award-winning actress was an integral part of a cast that helped to create one of TV's greatest sitcoms. Her saucy, sex-starved Blanche Devereaux was always a delight, even when I didn't get all of the naughty references. If you don't believe me, you can borrow my Golden Girls Season 1 DVD set.

Betty White is now the only surviving member of the Golden Girls cast.

Check out a cool interview of Rue below in support of her book My First 5 Husbands... And the Ones Who Got Away.

No comments:

Post a Comment