Saturday, April 10, 2010

Postcards from the Land of the Rising Sun: Nylon Face Tug-of-War





This video doesn't need much of a set-up. Since its all in Japanese, the video relies on the universal language of absurd humor to get its point across to American audiences.


I just can't say enough about these insane Japanese game shows. I think the U.S. was on the right track with Wipeout, which aired last summer, and Minute to Win It, but we could stand to do a little better if we really want to catch up with the Japanese.


When I see things like this, I wonder what bushido-practicing samurai would say if they could see their people today. Probably the same thing the U.S. founding fathers would say if they saw all the ridiculous stuff we got into. Only in Japanese.


Anyway, enjoy the absurdity.

1 comment:

  1. That's the best thing ever. I say new Johnny ass olympics event. Whatever we do with this gem, I think we most definitely make the kids do it at grandma's party.

    ReplyDelete